Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Ingathering

Don't wish for me home. Here is far better than dreams.
The world could never satisfy, substantive though it seemed.
What will you do, now that you're so far behind?
I have prayed for you always, safety in His love, to find.
You still have the time, to change the outcome,
Lay hold of the promises, given to some.
The ones that He knew, before they were born,
Who'll have no one but Him: Treated with scorn.
In the departure, I've been called up to heaven,
To the foot of the throne, with the rest of the seven.
Where I experience His glory, with the great, joyful throng.
Our voices are lifted in a thunderous victory song.
The assembly is gathered to receive recompense
For the seeds that we've scattered, and tended since
The first time we knelt, bankrupt, at His feet.
We will now share, the authority of His seat.
It would give me great joy if you would join our company
In the gaze of the great Redeemer, finally, true love to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for yourself? I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome blog!

bvaliant4him said...

We have a blog group, if you would like to join. Click on the link to "follow this site". I would be interested in reading about what you are thinking.