Monday, September 10, 2012

A Personal Plea

Tears form a pressure inside of my chest,
The sorrow of my sin, and all the rest.
Why do my failings plague me so?
Any pride I possessed, has been brought low.
In humbleness, may I seek your face?
To find the peace of which, now, there is no trace?
The joyful calm of your elect?
Soul's security, in effect?
Release me, please, from my chains.
Consider me kindly, do not disdain,
The total misery of a broken soul,
Because, without Your mercy, I will never be whole.
Why must there be such awful fear?
The weight of guilt, which drives me here?
Understanding comes from the burden of pain.
Only through You, is redemption gained.
Lord, have compassion on my weakness!
I pursue You, and nothing less!
Instead, enfold me, in Your gentleness.
Assurances of, Your love, will bless!
Proclamations of my gratitude,
Will follow this,  my redemption interlude.
Enable me to leave my past behind!
The way, of Your praise and glory, find!
This struggle, is what has me, fully persuaded
Of the truth and the love, of all that You said.
Enjoying Your glory, forever my portion!
The greatest victory, possible, to be won!

“By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.” Proverbs 16:6



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog on the struggle with our sin and guilt. We are to be humble in Christ, yet confident in Christ as well! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Chris

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughtful present of having written this article. The message seems to be given to me specifically. Our son also had a lot to learn from this – though he was the individual that found your site first. Most of us can't imagine a more superb present than a gift to encourage that you do more.