Friday, September 28, 2012

Here is Freedom

No one can hold my past over me.
I've been given a new identity.
In the ugliness of pride, I couldn't see,
I was working against God, as His enemy.

My true nature, when revealed,
Was the extremity of the battlefield.
He uses even my mess, when I yield.
By His fiery Spirit, I now am sealed.

His call is for the weary and worn.
The veil to the holy of holies, has been torn
to rejoice in His presence, as one reborn
So His children will, no longer mourn.

The joy is real, not pretend.
With my shame, I no longer contend.
My death, it no more portends.
He holds onto me, without end.

With the surety He provides,
I can only glory, to be at His side.
There is nothing now, that can divide
me from the security of where I reside.

Forever you will find me here
extolling what I find most dear.
I'm hoping I can make it clear
Why He is the only Worthy One, whom I revere!





No comments: