Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Chains That Bind

Isn't this where freedom's found?
Where my heart roams the open road?
What is wrong with having it my way?
When uncertainty of circumstance explodes?

A proud spirit cannot surrender,
Is unbending till the end,
Subsuming the feeling of kindness,
Regardless of what life sends.

When contemplating rules for life,
I thought to fly in an endless sky,
Permit no limits in my universe.
Satisfaction is my reason why.

The harder I run, the less I achieve.
I have found my goal elusive.
Freedom has no name in the void.
Tight is the fabric of what I give.

That leaden sky is only my anger,
Reflected beck at me.
When I am the god of all I survey,
The fruitation of selfishness is slavery.

So of my own crafting
are these chains that bind.
In the effort to become, what I admire,
Blessed freedom is left far behind.

No comments: