Friday, June 25, 2010

Will You Turn Away?

This is not a place I like to be,
Caught between rejection and doing the right thing.
I made a choice to live my faith.
Someone's anger is the consequence it brings.

This world feels like a wilderness.
Only cold indifference in each face I see
for that bright hope that I have found.
Acceptance of the message is my fervent plea!

Why do you make it personal?
Make my character out as flawed?
Dismiss me along with my message?
To keep yourself from feeling awed?

Why do you feel God picks on you,
In trying to give you a life of joy?
Give up being all about yourself!
What advantage do you gain by being coy?

Surely such love cannot be weak!
Reaching down to the depths of men!
But if you want to climb up to where God dwells,
Only His strength will cleanse you from sin!

Oh, that you would let God comfort you!
Give in to His flame of burning passion!
Nothing you do in His name will be lost!
There is then only His rewards to be won!



Yes! This is written for you!

No comments: