Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Name Him Merciful!

Ever diligent is Satan in his efforts to make God into a liar. Isn't it a universal complaint of unbelievers that they won't subscribe to a God in the face of so much suffering in the world? Satan went to so much trouble to convince unsuspecting, ignorant man that God was withholding knowledge from man that would make man like God himself. Now Satan would suggest that God is responsible for the horrors of the consequences stemming from the choice to be without God.

We have forged the bars of our own prison, closed and locked the chains of our own making. God knew we didn't even understand this predicament nor have the strength to see to break free. God himself had to come for us. That light shining in the dark dungeon is Him standing, with the keys in His hands, waiting to unlock both chains and prison doors.

Ever willing is He, our God, and never failing of compassion. He is ever ready to halt the course of our destruction, but love will not force us. If we could just see His earnest desire, believe the One who wants the best for us, the truth would free us from our selfishness.

He does not have to punish us. We punish ourselves. As damaged and broken as we are, from our life of living without Him, when we genuinely ask for His help, He is already there for us. He has already made provision for our healing. There is no need for fear of that luminous, infinite future of grateful rejoicing and adoration of Him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so happy to hear that all us non-believers have been lied to this whole time. I mean how could I know that I was crazy for not believing that there was an invisible sky man watching everything I did. But now I know, as you say, that its the invisible man who lives beneath the earth was just telling me that the invisible sky man didnt exist. It all makes perfect sense to me now. Thank you religious dogma! Thank you!

bvaliant4him said...

Glad to see that you are offended by such a loving narrative. Perhaps the truth hurts?

Anonymous said...

Not offended. I believe atheists should be humble and should have a healthy dose of doubt. The religious are the majority in this world, so i learned long ago to not be offended. I am merely disappointed that people would believe something like this. I can see how it makes perfect sense in your eyes because you have already accepted the premise that god exists so your explanation for non-believers makes sense to you. But I have always found it a consistent characteristic among the religious that they either cant or refuse to see the world through our eyes.

bvaliant4him said...

Thank you for your humility. It's the only way we can learn. I agree with you that we both cannot see the world out of the other person's eyes. My experiences of a real Savior and my gratitude for knowing Him, I would not trade or give up.