Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Letting Go

Before I can talk on letting go of past hurts, I must take inventory. Where am I at? I still feel the sting of old wounds. I still remember what betrayal feels like.

To begin with, I must confess my confusion and fear. To remain in a state of denial, so I do not have to experience the pain, would ultimately be deadly. I must be able to cry and question Him, to fully experience the devastation, so that my perception of reality shifts and changes. The full realization of all that has been lost must sink in before healing can begin.

The Lord is forever and always His children's companion on this darkest of journeys. He bore more sorrow than all of us. No matter our pain, He has been there. He is there with us, now. He still bears our sorrow.

"For the joy that was set before Him, he endured the cross, despising the shame." He is the One who turns sorrow into joy, and shame into hope. If you will, imagine the worst that could ever happen. Such an event would mean the destruction of all things wise, beautiful, and loving. Yet that was exactly what happened at the cross! The death of God! Yet isn't this the best thing he ever did for us?

He conquered death itself for us! In following Him, now we are conquerors, too, even in the worst of circumstances! He changes what our past means by changing our future. Our pain he will change to his glory, and nothing will stand in his way!

No comments: