Friday, April 25, 2014

Faith is in the Suffering

Let me assure you that I heard you when you said that you were trying. Don't you think that the majority are in the same place as you? Not everyone exudes the same harshness of your self discipline. Some have already given up. Then again, there are a few who have been granted to know the meaning for their suffering.

I read a rabbi once, who said that "Faith is in the questioning." It's a start. If you want answers, then this is the motivation to begin the search. Our own selves is what is in need of examination.

Anger lessens our ability to reason. Don't throw yourself into this harsh effort by leaving reason behind, without the careful forethought necessary for achieving satisfaction. Analyze your motives carefully, why you do the things you do. Think about what matters. If your motivation is not transcendent, if you do not sacrifice for Christ, then, quite frankly, it's a waste of everyone's time. There is NO ONE ELSE who can give love that lasts forever like Christ can. Christ's is the absolute morality of self sacrifice.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Romans 8:17

17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.


Philippians 1:29

29 For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.

This is God explaining it to us. How much we are willing to go through to get to Him is proving how greatly we desire Him! Do not be put off! Do not be offended into unbelief and alienation! We strive for the goal of knowing Him so we can be like Him! He is establishing us and the fruit we bear, in Him, forever!

"I give myself permission to rest in You and be at peace. I need the sun (Son) for this, to lighten my eyes, to flood my soul, to reach into the dark, shut off parts of my being, to bring healing, to give peace. I will stop punishing myself so I can make myself worthy, and will let it be You who transforms me into someone who can love, with no agenda except Yours. I will follow You into that security of place that You have given me. Forged in fire, this assurance is unshakeable, is calm, and at rest. No force of strength, no scheme of hell, will affect me in Your stillness, for Your presence surrounds me. I will see what You will do with me!"

No comments: