Monday, April 21, 2014

A Prayer For You

My experiences, of being blessed with the gift of being prayed for, is that it is indicative of profound empathy (far beyond just caring) and is the greatest gift we can give another human being, after the message of the Gospel. What we are doing here, is bringing another into conjunction with the greatest good: God Himself. I've had some awesome stuff happen to me when someone prayed for me!

I had the great idea, recently, that this was something I wanted to spread around! You can never apprehend too much of God! It's the polite thing to ask first, but imagine my dismay when my first request was met with angry refusal! In reaction, I made a more timid approach to my next potential customer and was met with what seemed a veritable wall of disinterest. Now I am perplexed.  These are people who know me extremely well. Are they afraid? What's not to want about being prayed for?

What is it about my proposal that they reject? I can only think of one thing. Those who turn away blessing can only be misinformed about the nature of what is being offered. They must be thinking they see something in me, or in God, that is falsely ascribed. I have nothing to gain in this transaction, except the joy of their reaction to the miracle called love. God desires to reconcile any who are willing. (His patience DOES run out.)

Seriously, if God cannot be trusted, then absolutely no one can. That is no limb that I wish to be crawling out on, setting myself up as God's judge. I've seen how much He's done for us, and He has won my absolute loyalty. He has done everything needed to save us, Himself. Do you want to be the one to tell Him that it's not good enough? Do you really think you can do better?


No comments: