Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Perfect Storm

Caught up in the storm, and torn away from my moorings, by the tide,
In the winter of my disaffection, my search revealed no where to hide.
From stormy faces set against me with their anger walled inside,
puppets, manipulated by my enemy, to drive me from the peace, where I reside.
This storm can rage around me as it wills, for my security is not from here.
Even grief or exile cannot change my destiny, or interfere.
Inundated by the water of increasing pressure that's more severe,
This tempest is surrounded, and used by Divinity, despite my fear.
The adversary wants me to wonder, what it is about me, that they SO despise,
 Father whispers gently"Look to see the evidence, of their jealousy" with my eyes.
The verdicts that they pronounce with lying lips, I refuse to internalize,
It seems they don't know, that I'm wise to the schemes, that they devise.
When they come at me with accusations, I'm speechless with astonishment!
What is the wrong that I have done, that they would use me as a vent?
What justifies the anger, that leaves them incoherent?
A sarcastic rejoinder, on my part, would feel heaven sent!
That reaction is not an option. I'm called to better things!
Like honest vulnerability, and the responsibilities it brings.
How can they understand, more that the surface, if they're hiding?
Their own fear behind, the wall of anger, where they're residing?
How forbidding is the sense of pressure in the air!
When approaches evil, but you cannot tell from where!
An engineered calamity, strikes from serpent's coils,
Emerging, as he does, from hiding, where turbulent water roils.
White tipped waves hurtling, over seawalls thought secure,
Sudden horrendous sorrow! That we must now endure!
Not yet! The agony, that we've been warned about!
From the lips of countless watchmen, praying and devout!
There's no more time to waste!
Can't you see it's just a taste?
Of hell's fury, come to earth,
the agony preceding a new birth!
As through a window, I view with curious detachment,
those who will soon face, the foe that will not relent.
What is it about the signs, that are happening?
That makes them oblivious, to what all this will bring?
Why will they not listen, when I beg them to repent?
They've never heeded the watchmen, that Adonai has sent.
It just seems so surreal, to understand the times.
When none of those around me, can hear the midnight chimes.





No comments: