Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Gentle Turning

If I do not acknowledge the darkness within me,
I am walled away from the light by my will.
The wall is built of my own unbelief.
The darkness is only the choice to eschew faith.
To admit to myself of the truth
of evil"s presence within me,
is to disarm it and take away it's only weapon.
Evil's only power is in lies and deceit,
it's only strength is my decision to disown it.
What a paradox exists in embracing and acceptance,
then laying it at Your feet.
You have given me permission to forgive myself
through the demonstration of Your great love.
Only in submission am I freed.
Only in humility freely offered
am I lifted up to You.
Of such great strength is faith
born of blood and darkness,
fading into comfort and light.
Ignorance proclaims faith gullible
only from lack of knowledge of it's
bedrock sincerity and reliance on the evidence.
Faith in the Only True is born from understanding,
and given birth by discernment.
If I close my eyes and ears to Life,
there will be nothing left and no strength to guide me.
Only in Your hands is my evil turned into glory
shining out Your image for all to see.

No comments: