Tuesday, May 24, 2011

God, Where Are You?

When I told You I wanted to serve You,
I was welcoming Your authority in my life too.
In Your name, I've spoken to other's hearts,
Shielded the longing where courage starts.
I never knew my own strength would give out.
Knowing Your mercy,You're gonna hear me shout!
Lord, please just show me where You are now!
I know that You care, and I want to see how:
What You do for me when I can't go on?
Change my sighs and tears into a victory song?
When the sun torments me with it's heat,
Sucks out my life so that I feel beat,
the luminosity of the clouds cover me,
Your visible hand for all to see.
Satan's neighborhood makes music an assault.
If I ask for peace, then their anger's my fault.
While I still ask, Your answer's on the way.
It's no longer their home, so they cannot stay.
Who could ever admit a child is a burden?
Protecting him from the hurt of where he's been?
Now he will see Your provision and power,
Be bold with the gospel, in this the last hour.
Symptoms of sickness bring terror and pain
and loss of hope to ever be strong again.
By the buffeting messenger, I learn spiritual warfare.
By God's grace I can fight him, so I'm no longer scared!
In weakness, I know, that I'm not worth much,
Except, I know He uses me to encourage and such!
I find relief in a compassionate spouse.
His kindness makes a refuge, out of my house.
So in my daily life the evidence proves true.
Almighty God, it seems clear, that compassion is what You do!
Obvious is Your signature, written on my walls.
Obvious is the beckoning siren song, of love for me, that calls!
Abundant tender mercies shield me from harm.
The attacks of the enemy, but chase me, into Your arms!
How can fear touch me when all I see is You?
Holding tightly, to me always, so I know I'll make it through!

No comments: