Monday, May 10, 2010

That Familial Conflict

This has got to be the same place
that I was at yesterday!
Surrounded by the familiar,
No wonder I didn't want to stay!

When I started I was secure
in innocence, all unaware,
that knowledge of good and evil
did not drive me, back then, to care.

Family battles then drew the lines
of character, and what is right.
They didn't realize they set in stone,
their role as villains, careless in their spite.

In the midst of the battle of wills,
I gave them all my blame.
I am so angry at others
for exposing me to shame.

Yet here I am, out of their reach.
So why do I feel as I did then?
Pressed from both sides, failing of both,
influence of sin, yet only men?

As long as I had them at my side,
it was impossible for me to see
that I didn't have to face my burden!
By blaming them, from my own fault I was set free!

No comments: