Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Past the Pain

My eyes roam over the events of my life,
random consideration of pain and of strife.
My reaction of amazement, to it, the sum?
I realize, with it, I've been granted my freedom!
It dawns on me God has used circumstance
to break open my chains, move my feet to dance!
Only after the battle's been fought
could I understand, with my will, what it is that He sought!
To produce resilience in my character!
In His compassion I stand assured,
that nothing has happened He hasn't allowed,
even dark valleys obscured by black clouds!
His spirit has driven me into the desert
where, like Him, I'm tested and allowed to feel hurt,
to learn to stand tall and to face unafraid,
the bleakest of darkness, the price to be paid,
because I'm determined to win victory,
go through even death, His face to see!
When corruption comes calling and threatening,
no force of persuasion, to my life, does it bring!
Now even the grave has no authority over me,
in His sacrifice, I now stand, and am free!


"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." (Gal. 6:14)

because.....

"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Gal. 2:20)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful

Anonymous said...

I would not trade the battles and hurt that I have been through for anything, because they have brought me closer to my Lord, with a greater understanding what His sacrifice has done for me.
Beautiful and wise words