Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Lord is a Mighty Warrior

Chief among the captains, is the Lord of Hosts,
A conqueror unparalleled, the only one in whom I boast

For hate gave not a thought, to my own barriers,
Sought to neutralize all hope, by awful bloody murders.

Hate viewed MY claims, with arrogant contempt,
Sought, by provocation, to position me exempt,

From resting in the beauty, of my identity,
The name bestowed upon me, by divine decree.

Fear sought to bury me, on a unmarked hill,
But......my Redeemer was there before me, and stands beside me still.

Upon that hill, the enemy built, a monument to fear,
Transformed, instead, to piercing hope, because of Love drawn near.

The Lord of Love, came where I was, to engage the enemy.
Upon that hill, HE, HIMSELF, made sure my victory!

Now I am branded with scars like Him, the same,
By which He has lifted up my head and hand, the ones which bear His Name.

He has unbound, and set on fire, the fullness of my rejoicing,
So that my voice will be heard, among worshipping angels wings.

I am worshipping and praising Him, in the midst of blackest night,
Now that I’ve seen what HE can do, in adding knowledge to my sight.

All my desire and hope I place, in this One I name the Victor,
This inheritance, that comes from Him, means to me, far more,

For it comes from the heart, of the great I AM!
Who went fearlessly to battle for us, as the sacrificial Lamb!

The hope and promise of His Name, was all I ever needed.
I found that He was there with me, even as I pleaded.

No fear can even touch me, where, revealed to me,
That in Your Name, love’s glorious rule, is perfect liberty!

His Love has only emphasized, His preimmanence of place,
This grace which makes me stronger, when gazing on His Face!

He gave me opportunity to trust in all He IS!
Stand beside Him, He my victory, my defender, I am His!




Without opposition, there can be no victory, without suffering, no reign.

No comments: