Monday, April 13, 2020

The Choice Set Before Believers

I used to think that anger was the strongest motivator that competes with love, but now I am seeing that it is fear. Now I can see why He is always telling us to not fear, for fear, in the flesh, will absorb our focus. Fear will distract us from the awesomeness of what He has waiting for us. As John said “There is no fear in love” and “fear has to do with punishment.” So when we make a decision from anger (and when you suffer, you WILL have anger), it is, in reality, a lack of forgiveness, and then of course we have been subjected to the spirit of fear by assuming our justice is in our own hands. Fear is how the enemy controls us, sows violence and disease into our lives! Fear is the chain in our soul, which binds us to defeat and failure.

All of this is a totally separate path from His, which consists of mercy and grace. We must put aside childish, fleshly things, as believers, and put on the mind of Christ, who could face suffering and death because He had the same goal as His Father! His eye was on what His Father wanted, instead of temporary pain!

I understand THIS, that if He is not sufficient IN all and FOR all, then He is not sufficient AT ALL! Therefore, I affirm You are sufficient for me (in all things and at all times)! My endurance through pain and sickness has sharpened my focus and my hope, and my bond with You! I am victorious because I trust in You! Peace comes from this realization! The light of Your justice will come! I will be justified, in the presence of my enemies, and I will be satisfied to be found in YOUR likeness in Glory!

I choose to reject fear and all its exhaustion, refuse to be distracted from the Face of Jesus! Instead of fear, I choose trust! So, while I still walk in this land of shadows, I carry only my joy and praise of Him with me! I choose to be grateful for what He has ALREADY accomplished!

No comments: