Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A Journey of Biblical Proportions

This is a report of my ongoing conversations with the One who loves me. I went on a trip to Israel at the time of Second Passover, spurred on by the promises I found in His love letters to me. My mother had just passed away, and I was in need of connections to my wider family. The promises directly addressed my needs.

First in importance in my mind, is in Isaiah 66:

Isaiah 66:13-14 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem. And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the Lord shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.

I was in Jerusalem first, seeing the singing of the women bringing in Shabbat. Then we went into the Negev. The verses He had given me before, for this, were these ones:

Genesis 24:62-67 

And Isaac came from the way of the well Lahai-roi; for he dwelt in the Negev.  And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming. And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel. For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself. And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done. And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.

Next, we went to Be'er Sheba, to plant trees. Thus I was where He intended me to be as it says in this section:

Song of Solomon 6:10-12 

10 ‘Who is this that [a]grows like the dawn,
As beautiful as the full moon,
As pure as the sun,
As awesome as [b]an army with banners?’
11 “I went down to the orchard of nut trees
To see the blossoms of the valley,
To see whether the vine had budded
Or the pomegranates had bloomed.
12 “Before I was aware, my soul set me
Over the chariots of [c]my noble people.”



No comments: