Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Day

Awakened from the darkness in which I was sleeping

Through which moved dreams of sorrow and weeping.

What I perceive has changed from gloom into light

When I opened my eyes, forever passed was the night.

Here is no time, spring that eternal moment

Outside of the bounds of where evil's anger is spent.

Things are aglow and no shadow is found

Sings all creation with melodious, harmonic, sound.

The breeze, the blue sky, the flowers, speak peace.

Overwhelmed by tranquility that I know will never cease.

Once dull physical senses are unhindered, acute.

Wisdom and intellect dance together as partners, astute.

A surfeit of indulgence in justice and truth

Far from the presence of violence method's uncouth.

Free now to understand Love's grand reason why

He wants me here with Him, Him who's uncontained by the sky.

I've been recreated a worthy temple, His child.

I am His jewel, shining with joy undefiled.

No comments: