Thursday, November 4, 2010

Priority Mail

I am throughtly convinced that the one thing we all have in common is a desperate need to be loved the midst of , and in spite of, our crippling dysfunction. Only God is big enough (read infinite) to not only provide the medicine for our healing (there is a balm in Gilead), but to be the answer to our otherwise insatiable hunger for meaning.

I know that when I want to give or receive love, using the written word seems to be the most appropriate method. It's more permanent and personal. There is liberty to develop a more considered reading, where the beauty of esoteric concepts can be brought to full expression, and love takes on a solid, visually verifiable form. When I cannot be physically with the one I love, I send them a letter. You can safely bet that I also diligently search my own mail for such communique!

God has sent us just such a love letter, and it is marked urgent! The Bible tells us of His passion for us. Time, by definition, is short and He understands that finding and knowing Him always should be our highest priority!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finding him indeed is our highest priority. I liked how we both link it back to scripture as God's written, personal letter to us. Thanks for the words. Blessings. Chris