Monday, July 26, 2010

The Time Has Come to Celebrate!

The long night of my desolation has passed!
Evil's incoherent rage has lost it's death grip at last!
That strangulation hold has yet freed my mind,
to seek His truths, and in His presence find,
that I eschew fear in the glory of His name!
"Mundane" existence will never be the same!
During my heart's numb misery, He has spoken soft words,
opened up my deaf ears, so I finally heard,
exhortations to abandon fear far behind,
convinced my recalcitrant heart, He is nothing but kind!
Here is the One who sets prisoners free!
How much greater His grace, than my sin could be!
Come, let us celebrate what He has done!
He freed all who believe, when He gave up His Son!
In His mighty hand, we are forever secure!
None can accuse us, in His eyes we're found pure!
No need to fear, like death's some dark abyss,
When through it we enter what's much better than this!
So let's dance and sing His victory!
Anticipate the culmination of His plan in history!
You see, my long night of suffering's past!
His goodness, exposed now, to my eyes.......AT LAST!

No comments: