Friday, July 16, 2010

Only You......

I'm caught on the border of brilliance and obscurity
Conflicted with longing, to understand and to see.
The emptiness, of this sphere, has haunted me for years,
Broken dreams and ambitions leave behind a trail of tears.
Many angry faces have turned and walked away
Disgusted by the priorities I wear as a display.
So I cannot help but feel unworthy to be loved
Because of all the unmet needs that I am guilty of.
I wish I could be perfect, but I know it's only You
That is good enough, and best, to give all my glory to!
Those other desires I used to spend my passions on
Are now redirected and expressed towards Your only Son.
His is the sole commitment that I need to make
Because only You would do it all for my sake.
Only You would give me conflict to teach me how to pray
So I could learn to live by each word that You say.
Only You could give me peace to heal my troubled soul.
Only You can mend my wounds and make me whole.
Only You can hold the whole world in Your hands
Yet be fully with each person, though numerous as sand.
Through my commitment to You I live to do Your will
Because no matter what I do, only You are with me still.
Because of Your commitment to me, I've learned to feel content.
To rest at peace, comforted, after all my strength is spent.
Because You're faithful to me, I want only You.
I know only You can satisfy, after all that I've been through.



So, exactly what difference DOES commitment make?
"God commendeth His love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the pain you've experienced or the struggles you've been through. Would love to talk with you about this more. I love your honesty in this poem and the depth of sharing in your blogs. I also am glad you've found Jesus to be your all and to help you feel whole and have meaning again in life. Chris

Unknown said...

Two thumbs up!As always great use of words that get ya feeling and thinking!

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful poem, and so so true.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

that was a stirring,totally true poem.

Mary from the Prairie said...

I need to put a "like" button on your blog. Very heart-felt passion here!

Anonymous said...

heartfelt!!!!! from top to bottom!!!! i believe that lord will not put you in any bad cirmscunstance ..... where the will of god is not there to help you..... thank you i love the poem....

Anonymous said...

It's so true! The poem describes exactly how I feel right now. He's been knocking down all the people around me that I depended on, trying to teach me to rely wholly on Him. Oh, and do you mind if I post your poem on Rapture Forums?

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful! I loved the title. I can't imagine a better person to write a love poem to than to Jesus, our Lord and Savior! :-)