Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Breaking Through

When I am so weary that my body aches,
I want to give up: I haven't got what it takes.
Voices beat against my brain
telling me that I'm insane.
That my reasoning is compromised.
These spirits of hell in disguise,
use suffering to impress on me,
The "reality" of the "truth" they see.
That God is unable to forgive my sin.
That there really is no hope in the end
because after all everyone dies.
Are you really sure you will ascend to the skies?
Beating my will against the wall
of my understanding, to take it all,
to a higher level of love and joy,
to defeat satan in his morbid ploy.
Reality is what I have in my hand,
the Word of the Lord, His love and His plan.
The reality is that I've made my choice,
a conscious decision to lift up my voice,
To acknowledge Jesus, who's delivered me,
rejoicing in what He says will be,
This One who's strength is greater than all,
has told me clearly that when I answer His call,
That no one can pluck me out of His hand.
On His firm promise I can choose to stand.
I'm deciding to give up death and dispair.
In the midst of my circumstance, I'm praising Him there.
Spending my strength in expressing my gratitude,
so while I wait on Him, I exude
the joy all His children are supposed to be feeling!
Besides, confessing His victory is far more appealing
to Him, to me, and unbelievers around!
All will know His grace does abound!

No comments: