Sunday, June 21, 2009

Matt 24: What's THAT All About?

I saw a debate online on a christian website that I frequent about Matthew 24 and 25. What struck me as really odd was that when Christ, in chapter 24, talks about two being in a field, one will be taken and one left, the interpetation being applied was those taken, are taken to be judged! That this being taken is a BAD thing. I've always been taught that these verses depict the rapture, the "blessed hope".

In chapter 24 of Matthew, Jesus' answer, to three questions from the disciples, are recorded. They wanted to know "When will these things happen?", "What will be the sign of your coming?", and "What will be the signs of the end of the age?".

I believe Matthew 24 is a multiple application prophesy. I believe Christ spoke of the temple's destruction in 70 AD, as well as the general signs of His approaching return, along with the rapture and the tribulation which immediately follows. It's been almost two thousand years already, but He expects us to be ready and waiting, even after all this time! I believe that those taken are taken in the rapture, and then begins the terrible "day of the Lord", which everybody will definitely want to miss!

No comments: