Sunday, March 29, 2009

Who is this man?

No one knows my name now, but I was the one who brought my son to Jesus because he was tormented by a demon. My son was very young when he started having seizures. He is my only child and his mother and I tried everything we could to help him. We talked to doctors and teachers of the law, but they only told us it was our own fault that he was like that. When I heard about this Jesus, I knew that I needed to see if he could help my son.

When I first encountered the followers of Jesus, he was not with them. The followers of Jesus attempted to cast the demon out of my child, but were unsuccessful. At that moment, I felt that the hell of my family circumstances was going to just continue as it had, without relief. I had no faith or energy to offer anyone right then. Obviously, no one could help me or my son.

Shouting at the foot of the path up the mountain made the crowd run over to where it ended. Finally, Jesus was deigning to show himself? I'm afraid I was so angry that I surged to my feet with the intention of giving him a piece of my mind! Strangely, though, Jesus seemed to be irritated himself, and asked those surrounding him what in the world they were doing. I spoke up and told him what had happened between his disciples and my son and I. Wonder of wonders, he was exasperated with them! He commanded that my son be brought to him.

The demon gave my son a fit right at the feet of Jesus. Jesus saw directly to my heart and my uncertainty at that moment. He told me that all things are possible to those who believe! I cried out for him to help my unbelief, for the sake of my son! Then Jesus delivered my son from his oppression.

Who is this man? He has power over the spiritual world. He gives deliverance to the oppressed. Who is he? That is what each of us must decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Decisions decisions.....