Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Mere Servant's Reward

My joy rises up like the morning!
It fills me up like the noon-day sun!
'Cause I've traded my fear for HIS glory!
When the time of my testing is done!
I'm grateful for the strength He's given me!
He's added hope to my endurance!
All not of HIM is burned away.
An assurance from Himself, that He grants!
In the heart of the fiery inferno
a perfect clarity of vision was found!
In HIM, and HIM alone, there's peace!
Where exalted praise to HIM, is the only sound.
When HIS joy is your only covering,
Forget grief and bitter offense.
When we see Him, who is our Reward,
feeling overcome (by the Blessedness of Who He Is) will commence!
He surprises us with His reflection,
our beauty emerges from the flame.
Flood of mercy lifting us to Him.
This is the wonder (truly feeling it) of why He came!
After the labor, praying, and tears,
Comes gratifying rest from a job well done!
Not from any competency of our own!
but from THE assurance, that THE Master's approval, has been won!

No comments: