Saturday, November 3, 2012

He Cried for Me

The world around me burns in flames.
Hate said it's me, that I'm to blame!
No holds barred whether force or fear.
I stood my ground, and now I'm here.

Sold by one that I held dear.
That's why I am imprisoned here.
Lies that cut me, to the ground.
Love's betrayal, is the most profound.

There's nothing but the pain inside.
Instead of this, I should of died!
Beneath the sound, of my crying,
feel the rhythm, of the wild wind sighing.

In the roar, of the water, through the trees,
I can hear, HIM, crying for me.
The moaning storm, echoes my agony.
I tell you now, that He cries for me.

A flood of grief, carries me down,
to this bleak cell, underground.
There's Arms around me, that you can't see!
In the pit of hell, He cries with me!

He too, has seen, hell's darkest day!
It came to destroy, the Love, that was in it's way.
The day that Love, mastered this!
So Love could cry with me, in my black abyss.

Anguish and torment fade from memory,
but I'll never forget, Love cried with me.
Evidence of tender sympathy.
His storm of grief, as He cried for me.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most profound love of all is the story of Jesus, taking it all, bearing my pain and sins so that we can be with the father.

bvaliant4him said...

The name, Love, in this poem, refers to Jesus. This poem is a testimony.

Matthew said...

Beautiful!