Monday, March 28, 2011

When Will I See Him?

He has lit the home fires of my shining city on the hill of night.
Yet still I long, for the sight, of my Beloved's steadfast light.

He has taught me of endurance as I tread under the black miles.
Yet still I long, for the sight, of my Beloved's tender smiles.

I have braved the often lonely vigil of His calling to compassion.
But I long to look into His eyes as I thank Him for what HE'S done.

In my journey over troubled waters I've paid consequences for each choice.
Still I long to hear Him tell me I've done well, in His soothing voice.

Here, my heart is renewed in brokenness when I see each needy face.
Yet I long to forget my sorrow in the comfort of His embrace.

As I administer authority for those He came to save,
I desire to rejoice forever in consideration of what He gave.

Because He's asked me, I will learn, the wisdom and cost of hope.
Unveiled to see, with my naked eyes, my Love of limitless scope.

No matter what my task, I will not be complete.
Till all my longings are fulfilled when I sit contented at His feet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi..¡!!! Alex D. This one..... I didn't like it............ I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!,,, as you already know..... I always can count on your poetic way of express all that goodness in toughts. Also I'd like to point out that it just needs a little more rymhe... Uhmm... I think that's how you spell it.... Anywhooo..... Keep write such witty ideas. Thank you...!!!! ;-) . . .

Anonymous said...

Peace777



That was very good. Did you write that? You are very talented. Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

I love this poem! :)