Friday, December 17, 2010

Recognizing Friends

When God calls me His friend, He does me honor. He is showing me that He recognizes and cherishes my efforts in His name. What a great encouragement it is to know that He values what I do for Him!

With this in mind, I would like to try to imitate His graciousness to recognize the gifts I've been given by my own friends. I'll not name names, but I'm sure you will know who you are! I'm telling you how very much I appreciate you!

I have a friend, whom I happened to overhear when they didn't know I was listening. This person was speaking out against the cruelty shown to me by others. This person's fierce protectiveness is something I choose to have at my back always! Thank you, my friend!

I have another friend who saw creativity in me when I was totally convinced there was none to be found! Gentle, very insistent suggestions have opened up to me a godly outlet for my deepest yearnings which have developed into a concrete expression of the profound. What a genius of a friend!

Another friend, when I added nothing but heaps of trouble to their day, responded with nothing but concern for my welfare, told with hugs and questions after my health. This person, already highly stressed, gave no thought to their own state of mind. Strength and blessings from God, to you, my friend!

I have friends whose generosity overflows into provision for my physical needs. Do you know that you are the very heart of God touching my heart? I pray to do as well, for you are teaching me how to give!

Especially precious to me are those who see my vulnerabilities as opportunities to minister to me, not as openings where they can take advantage for themselves. These angels of God's mercy overlook my faults to see, instead, what it is that God values, so as to nourish and encourage it!

The most valuable trait of all my friends, witnessed by the fact that they are still my friends, is the gift of loving me while keeping me humble! How do they accomplish this amazing feat? With their wonderful, marvelous sense of humor! They see me, they know me, and astonishingly, still include me in their circle! I am different and cherished for it, odd, and it's of value! I will always seek to do the same for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi !! Its alex, pacific... I like this one...!! You can always count with the lord.... :) specially when you think that everyone is against you, and your enemy . . . When you've got no faith, you even think that the lord is against you... :-\. No matter what!! He is always your friend :-].